Diagnostic and Treatment services for Dyslexia and Learning Problems
At the Dyslexia Diagnostic and Treatment Center, we provide comprehensive evaluations to accurately diagnose dyslexia and learning disorders, and provide intensive treatment in an individualized and small-group setting. We also offer treatment via video-conferencing so your child can receive help in the comfort, and convenience, of your own home. We have affordable rates and payment plans.
Our staff has the experience and training to specifically target the sign of dyslexia including difficulties with reading, writing, and spelling skills.
WHAT IS DYSLEXIA?
Dyslexia is the most common cause of learning difficulties for children and young people. The word comes from the Greek meaning ‘difficulty with words’. The condition is neurologically-based, often inherited, and results in a child having difficulty with reading, writing, spelling, and sometimes arithmetic.
- Child is inconsistent in ability to recognize words.
- Child recognizes phonics but still can’t sound-out an unknown word.
- Exhibits slow, labored, inaccurate reading of single words
- Child becomes visibly tired after reading for only a short time
- Reading comprehension is low due to spending so much energy trying to decipher the words.